Tuesday, April 21, 2020

The days are blurring again!! Tuesday?

 


Yesterday was crunch day!  I was making masks for family in the Midwest.  I know I've complained about this before ... but just to reiterate: our small town has ONE delivery / pickup for mail:  11 AM!  So, if you want the mail to go out that day, you have to join the multitudes in line at the post office by 10:30!!  I won't even talk about the fact that mail comes in at 11.  So it doesn't go out -at the earliest - til the next day!!!  So one package made the 11:00 deadline, but I've got to go back today with the other two envelopes!!  Sigh! One price of living on the edge of the earth!

When we are not on quarantine, I cheat by going into California where the mail pickup is 4 pm ... I also go to Crescent City twice a week for water aerobics.  Hmm, I wonder if that will start up again??  Life in Limbo continues!

So I made 9 masks with over the ear elastic.  Most of the masks requested were for shopping trips.  But also have some Nieces working full time ... so a combo of styles were needed.

Meanwhile, I managed to finish an UFO.  Last year, when our block program was Sawtooth Star, I made or delegated alternate squares for a raffle drawing each month.  Yeah, I didn't get much else done last year.

I sewed the very last of my Sawtooth Stars for a lap robe for a veteran in Gold Beach ... and then this Broken Dishes alternate block set got turned back in!!  Seriously, does everyone's luck run this way???  So amid grumbling ... ok, mostly grumbling ... I made more Sawtooth Stars and at February retreat, I pieced it all together.  But, I only took scraps to retreat ... no border possibilities - and then ... someone gave me a bag of patriotic fabrics and this stripe was in it.  Just enough for the borders and the strip across the back.  AND the grey backing too!  Top completed!  I even handed it off to one of our Long Arm Quilters there at retreat!
 

My 13 yr old DGD is still playing the photo puzzle game!  And I'm loving that daily contact. But I'm sad to report that she's the only one!!   The 11 yr old played 2 days, then politely ignored me!!  The Panama Crew is way too frazzled with teaching homeschool lessons over web; teaching elementary dynamos and a 3 year old under martial law and Panama City went DRY!!  Beer supply is diminishing ... can panic be far behind??  So yes, I understand ... but my hopes were so high!!  Here's the photos Miss P and I are still exchanging:

 

 

Reveal at end of post!!

I was on a mission with the Plus/X blocks this weekend!  Twosies!!  I was excited to almost get to fill another row!  I had a pile I'd been collecting on the ironing board.  Instead of moving the piles to the bed (where on the bed I know not!!  It's piled high already! Sigh!) I picked out the ones I liked the best and made them up.  Of course, there was searching for 12 background squares; some light, some dark.  But they all cooperated and worked up fast!

 

 

 

Winners all!!  What, you want to see them together??  So did I!  Just one block short of 1/2 way done!!  BUT we'll have to wait til tomorrow - 3 tries & I'm out!!










No comments: