Tuesday, April 7, 2020

#100dayproject 2020

I have participated in this Creative Art challenge on Instagram for a few years.  I always start out like gang-busters ... and you know the rest!  This year, we're in quarantine for 'who knows how long'!  My days are becoming kind-of hit and miss as to getting anything done vs playing Wheel of Fortune all day!!

I wanted to do better while in the quarantine mode.  But after a bit of a drive at the beginning I find myself drifting.

What do I want to do during the next 100 days??  Well, I miss our visits to see Grandkids.  We were DUE in March, rats!  So as one part of #100dayproject I'm playing a photo game with the GKs.  The age spread is from 13 to 3!  So obviously I'll have to send at least a couple of pix each day.

My idea is to take extreme close-ups of things here on the coast.  Some in our house, some in our complex and some on the path to the beach.  The kids are here often in the summer at 'Camp Nana / Papa'  Our complex is being re-roofed!!  Quarantined next to an ongoing construction zone!  Let's not go there!

Every day I will take a close-up picture and send it. for the Panama gang, I'm messaging it to DS.  He'll handle any photos that are sent back.  The older GKs are in Portland and on Instagram!  So I'll post their pix online.

When I take the photo, I take a 'reveal' photo at the same time.  So - I'll post the reveal after they have guessed!  Why?? - well, I feel isolated and like I'm loosing touch with them.  I'm hoping we can start a back and forth conversation doing something creative but easy.  Some ongoing joke between us for years to come? One can only hope!

Here's the photos I sent/posted today!  Remember ages 3 to 13!!  I have no idea how much interest I'll get. I'm starting off easy, don't judge!!  LOL!


For Portland kids  Ages 13 & 11


For Panama kids   Ages 9,7&3

I'll keep you posted!!

Meanwhile, do you have projects that you love?  That you have all the supplies somewhere, that you never have time to work on???  Boy, I do.

I have a Quarantine project for ModSquad that I have desperately tried to keep in my brain while I work on 100 different things.  Is it 'Squirrel!' syndrome??  What ever it is I have it bad!

During past #100dayprojects,  I have tried and tried to work on one project - preferably to completion.  HA!  What I decided might work this year for the whole 100 days is:  I need time to work on what I want to!!  Time to strike while the iron's hot.  While I still have that idea in my brain ... when I come across that fabulous fabric somewhere safe - I get it ready to go and then I GO!  

It should boost my mood, my creativity and possibly (I'll believe it when I see it!)  help fence in the piles in the sewing space??  My goal is to work on the project I choose that day for at least 1 hour!

That being said, there are two quilts I have been aching to start for YEARS.  I love scrap quilts (but YOU know that!)  So I'm going to make 1 10" plus/x-plus block every day.  I can't believe how easy it is!!  Yep, made one today!!


For a 10" block you start with 
4 - 4 1/2 squares for the corners; 
10 - 2 1/2 squares background; 
2 - 2 1/2 squares for cross; 
1 - 2 1/2 x 6 1/2 for cross.  That's it!   And it's a blast choosing fabrics!

I don't know how big I'll make it - probably not 100 blocks!  Although that would not even put a dent in my scrap stash!!  When it get's big enough, I'll move on!  I need to make a summer baby quilt, that quarantine Modsquad project, I'll need a silent auction item (I'm thinking another spring challenge wall quilt - I'd like to do it again in other colors.) for the Newport August Quilt Show - surely this will all be over by then!!!  Please??

Stripe Me Lucky by Jen Kingwell Designs is calling me too!  This could be the year!!! I know it won't go as smooth as I'd like ... that's SOP!  But even if I don't make it the 100 days AGAIN this year - it will be X number of days I did more!

There's Sue Spargo's BOM from a few years back.  I digressed from the pattern, not a surprise! So now I'm trying to fit the blocks together when I have some time and a free design board.

I was making Jen Kingwell's BOM mystery last year (lost interest when we didn't really like the final layout!) and My Small World, both bogged down.  Love to get at least the tops done. 

And of course, after I finish 2 sets of blocks in Edyta's Quarantine mystery, I'd like to put that one together ...

It all starts tomorrow!!  Good night! Stay safe and QUILT ON!


1 comment:

doni said...

For those of you who want to play along. The pictures today are nautical buoys and giant Front-loader wheel in our parking lot for roofing project! doni