Thursday, April 16, 2020

Bright Foggy Morning!!

Yep, you heard that right!  Living on the coast often shows 2 opposites at once!  But a bright fog usually means that the sun will break through in the near future!  Fingers crossed!

Someone posted this graphic yesterday, I don't know who to credit - I'll look into it!  But doesn't it make you want to go and make more masks??

Mindy the Mask Maker found at
 thebrandinghouse.com


Here are yesterday's reveal photos:
 
"Mussel Rock"                                        And wave on beach

When cleaning out junk drawer - note don't need any more chip clips!!

Today's Photos:


 


Trying one for the Miss E - 3 yrs old.  I'm hoping what is it?  What color are they?  Mom will probably make her count them!  She's a Math teacher!

Today's plus/x block:



The Road to Oklahoma blocks went into time out last night.  Bad blocks!  I've decided to just make the 4patches and the star points.  Lay a stack of them out correctly in a pile.  Then chain stitch them together.  With any luck ... I won't have multiples done wrong!  Reminds me of an old country song - 'they dun me wrong!!'  Pictures tomorrow!

The main problem is:   usually star points point out of the block.  These point in.  Seems simple when written down.  But I have 45 years of doing it the other way??  AND I have a 67 yr old brain ... old dog, new tricks syndrome!

I even made a mistake on the one Plus/X block I made yesterday, I love it, but I cut the 6 1/2 x 2 1/2 plus strip 6 x 2 1/2.  ARRRGH!  I only had one strip, with a  itty-bitty left!  But I managed to find it again in the pile of greens.  The problem was I read my ruler from the wrong end!

My DGS,  Mr M is a puzzle maven!  When he was 4 he would play Connect 4 with us.  He would play each game until he didn't have a move that wouldn't win and then apologetically win the game and ask to play another.  He knew if he beat adults in the first 3 moves, they suddenly had something else that needed done!

Then he started Chess tournaments with Beach Papa.  Then he beat Papa.  Papa came in muttering, "I just can't watch sports on TV while playing chess any more."  I won't go into what happened when Mr M beat Papa without any TV on!

I feel like that!  I have to pay attention - not plan the next 5 quilts or wonder where 'that' fabric is.  Granted I get it right 95% of the time ... but oh boy does that 5% drive me crazy!!  And we don't need that action when quarantined!

Stay Safe and QUILT ON!


No comments: