Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Day 2!! and still going!

I honestly think I'm getting into my "quarantine" groove!!  (I know, it's only the 2nd day ...) The photo game is really helping!  I go for a walk everyday to find good subjects for the photos.  And they are everywhere!!!

Here's yesterday's photos revealed!

  

And here are today's puzzles

  

Pictures I got back!

  


Feel free to play along!

Meanwhile, I cleaned out the spice cupboard - what a mess.  We use the table grinder for pepper and it leaks pepper everywhere!  I had spices from 16 years ago??  AND 3 jars of bay leaves!!  I use 1 leaf, maybe every year!  DH had a close encounter with one of those years ago - still not a fan!

Today is the kitchen junk drawer!!

In the sewing room - I finally started working on my quarantine challenge for ModSquad.  Had to switch things around already, but I'm liking the way it's going!  It's all hush-hush of course, but I see possibilities galore!  It's exciting ... or maybe I'm just a little cabin-fevered!

I sewed my second block of Plus blocks.  I know it's too soon to get bogged down, but this doesn't feel like it will.  Working out of my charms bin - oh, yea!  I have THAT many!  I used to coordinate the charm exchange in the Lincoln guild.  We exchanged for 3(?) years!  And I always cut extra fabric, to get a good number of exchanges available each month.  And there are other scraps, just right for cutting 2 1/2 inch squares.

Back when I was actively cutting scraps - Bonnie Hunter style - I always cut 5" squares if the fabric was big enough.  On my 'waiting list' is a Nickel Quilt King's Crown UFO that is started.  That block is set on the diagonal, so the start is a corner to encourage nickel use.  Hope I can keep this enthusiasm going when we can finally wander about in normal life!!

Tomorrow I'll show you my 'scraps storage' it's not perfect, but I can rake it back into the categories at the end of the day!  And yes, sometimes a rake would come in handy.

Presenting block 2  

Stay safe and QUILT ON!


No comments: