Sunday, April 12, 2020

Happy Quiet Easter!


We had a beautiful day here yesterday.  Sun was out during the morning low tide ... so we headed down to walk the beach.  We had to wade thru some creeks crossing the beach but it felt wonderful!


The star fish are making a comeback from the die-off and it cheers my heart to see them again.  I took many pictures of things and will probably have a week of "what Nana and Papa saw on the beach" photos in our game.

Yesterday's pictures:

 

Today's pictures:

 

Pictures sent back from the kids, both were hard!  I had to ask for hints!

 

My 'block program' is going well.  All the scraps, okay, most of the scraps are out in the open.  - You saw my 'system' yesterday.  So it only takes about 15 minutes to put a block together!!  A word to the wise:  sew the corners on the 4 1/2" squares first.  Change to 1/4 inch foot, sew the plus pieces together.  Stop chain sewing and lay out the block!  Especially when you have directional fabrics in the block. Then proceed!!  You'll save yourself a lot of ripping, trust me!!


Dang!  And don't think it was an easy fix!  Two directional fabrics ... ripped it down to 7 pieces!


But put it back together, not happy with Elvis blending in with the Dr Whos ... but move on!!


Today's block, I used the long piece of the plus as the horizontal so the words would read across it.  I have to remember to look at it sideways, so I don't get both 'dark' squares on top!!   I'm sure it won't be the last time!  And of course, with this busy of a quilt - no one but me is going to notice.

Stay Safe and QUILT ON!


No comments: