Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Did anyone think that this would go this long??

We may have talked about it, but, down in our hearts, we expected to be surprised by how fast we would solve it.  WELL, Surprise!  We didn't, and we're still here at home.  Is anyone else dreaming they have COVID 19?

How do you feel about all the protest and reopening of states without following the 14 days of slowdown?   And where in the world did those protesters come up with "it's my constitutional right?"  I don't remember the part that says: "I can do whatever I want, anytime I want, and I don't have to be concerned with what happens to other people when I do!!"

We're all alittle stir-crazy and way ready for this to be over.  But forcing it is not going to shorten it!

I am worried about the food processing plants.  I'd be a little more confident if the people making the decision took a shift on the line.  Portlandia series is a little less ridiculous with the food issues now!  Name that chicken!!

Well, time for some distraction - mostly for me, probably.  I've been busy in the sewing room.  '6' face masks a day really does add up.  I've made over 100 masks this month!  And I owe it all to JOT!  "Just One Thing"



  Kid masks!

I divide up the tasks to work sessions:

  • Zig-zag the twist tie into the seam allowance at the top.  Sew top seam and bottom seam, leaving that opening at the bottom
  • Put in elastic or ties
  • Hand over to DH to turn!
  • Press and pin tucks.
  • Press and top stitch all the way around, tacking down tucks.
  • Press, take photo, put in 'finished' box!
  • Repeat!
The #100dayproject is going well.  Granted there are days that I'm making the Plus/X block out of habit.  But there are other days that I'm excited about looking thru the scraps to find a great combo!  I was really excited last night when I hung up the latest block and saw that I'm just 1 block (today's) away from finishing the 4th of 6 rows!!  Time flies in captivity!  Here's the latest blocks:

 
Reds!                                       Sewing!
  

Bikes!                                                  Healthy Foods!

Books I've been reading:

The Lost Man  Jane Harper
The Last Child  John Hart
American By Day  Derek B Miller
The Lola Quartet  Emily St John Mandel
The Keeper of Lost Things  Ruth Hogan

Photo Contest:  We're down to 2 players and I don't send the same photo on the same day!  So there are repeats.




Reveals will be tomorrow!!  Not enough space between!!

Stay Safe and QUILT ON!


3 comments:

barbara woods said...

who has time to stomp around with signs any ways ? Don't they work?

Elle said...

I feel ya! I've made 219 masks, and I am so over it. And yes, I will make more upon request.

Protesters are self-centered, others don't fit the picture for them. We will get a 2nd wave because of premature opening and it will not be pretty and the VP blowing off the mask policy at Mayo yesterday? I will stop before I get political.

Happy stitching Doni :-)

---"Love" said...

I just can't get into making lots of masks, because I rarely get to leave the house! I made one for myself, and keep it in my purse for when we go to the doctor, etc., but that will probably a while off. I talked to our first responders and they told me they have adequate masks, so I'm through with making them. I'm praying we won't have a repeat in a few weeks, but I think that may be possible unless all of us, and I mean ALL of us, try to do better at 'sheltering at home', when possible. Yes, I know some have to go to work --- my son is one of those, but he wears his mask and tries to keep his distance from customers. Sew something fun for a change, why don't you? ---"Love"