Saturday, May 2, 2020

Weekend! Hmm, seems the same as the rest of the week!!

I'm in charge of the "Bobbin Reminder" at Stashbusters Online
Quilt group.  Here's what I sent out this rainy Saturday!

It’s the weekend and you know what that means.  Time to
check your bobbin supply.  Is it time to reorder or rewind?
And your job doesn’t end there, you have to keep your eye
on that little gem.  It loves to run out at the darnedest times
 and that’s NOT progressing in an orderly fashion!!

Boy, face masks really go thru the bobbins!!  And of course,
I’m sewing other quilt blocks too.  I’ve started trying to corral
all the scrappiness all over my sewing room!

There’s all the fabrics for Plus/Super X blocks.  I have 29 now!!
And all the scraps for Road to Oklahoma.  8 inch scrappy blocks,
not so much a starter/ender project, I don't remember to do it!!
So it's mindless sewing in amongst the "gotta do" sewing! 

 Next I cleaned out the 3 paper supply boxes of QOV donations /
leftovers / collection.  I cut a 4” high pile of 7 x 7 squares for masks
for a friend.  Then cut out more 6.5 x 9 for patriotic masks to hand
out at the QOV presentation - whenever we end up having that.

Then there is Edyta’s mystery - I changed one border block set.
Just didn’t like it!  The middle of outside row with the 2 squares ...
I’ve got half of the design done - but have to dig for more of a
specific fabric.  Then I can lay out my blocks.  It’s scrappy and
I may be just a little nervous!!  

Pineapple blossom supplies are out because before face masking
(!) I was going to add blocks to the Christmas quilt I’ve been working
on.  Well, you see my dilemma!!  How to clean it up without getting
lost in the treasures!!!

Our Guild Quilt show has been cancelled this year.  Usually it is
 Memorial Day weekend, but got moved to July.  But we decided
 we haven’t been carefully isolating to be trapped at a show with
loads of people.  It was hard to decide, but there was a feeling of
relief after we did it.  Oregon is reopening slowly, and at this point
we’re not even confident we’ll be out and about with groups at
 that time!

I took a bunch of photos inside our apartment.  All the kids spend
time here in the summer, and we haven't redecorated - I'm almost
sure they will recognize these.  So far, mixed reactions!!
Here's the puzzle photos:

 

 
 

I'm now up to 29 Plus/X blocks!! I'll make 6 rows of 7 and I'm starting 
the 5th row!!  I got a picture  of them hanging on the design board, probably the last one because the bed and end of the ironing board 
are in the way now.  What do you think?


Oops!  Lazing about this am, it's raining, I looked back at some
 pictures of the Plus/X block on Pinterest.  I pinned a BUNCH of
 them as I was planning this.  Well, apparently, this is an unique 
variation ... alright, I can hear you snickering - how rude!!

This new bit of brain ageing is hard to remember!!  I think I know 
exactly what I'm doing. The  famous 'we don't need no stinking
map' syndrome. And that's how I made a new variation and also 
how I gave the quilted QOV back to the wrong topper!!!  So I guess 
I'll make the original variation of the block - if it doesn't blend well 
with the others, I can make 2 borders?? 

Apparently, I can't just make lists now, I actually have to refer
back to them!!  Who knew?? Life is an adventure!!  But there 
is a good deal of back-tracking involved!!

Here are the reveal photos, how many did you guess right??

  
Alphabet blocks                          Starfish
 
 Whale Measuring cups             Mug of pens
 
Big Screen TV                                  Breakfast!


I’m so glad I’ve been able to sew like the wind during this time!
Going thru the stash is like meeting up with old friends again!
Stay safe and QUILT ON!

-doni at rainy Oregon coast

No comments: