Friday, May 29, 2020

Life is getting busier??? Or I just went into survival mode?

Hello All!  I hope you're safe and sound.  Sound being the questionable part!

I'm not playing the camera game with the grandkids.  It went a long time, but they were making fun of my photos - I was running out of things to picture!!  I looked online for something else that would work ... but we all just ran out of steam!  It was fun while it lasted!

I've been spending a little more time with Road to Oklahoma.  I need 80 of the 8" blocks to make my "go to" size of quilt.  60 x 80-ish!  That's a lot of scraps!!  I thought I was getting close but alas, components made - only enough for 50 blocks ... oh dear!

I have enough +/X blocks, just finishing what I have cut ... I love to put a row of blocks on the back - it always cheers me up!  Maybe blocks done by June 6???  We'll see.  I'm also working on our guild summer challenge, and 2 Mod Squad assignments for our scheduled meeting June 12.

Here are some +/X blocks I've made:

 
Christmas 3(?)                         Wild Animals

  
Fabrics bought in Japan                             Stars!!           

 
Graphic B&W                     Got the Blues!

 
Graphics Light                       Flower Garden

10" blocks for Quiltmania's Pandemic quilts for Hospital staff

I've been reading more now that the library allows us to reserve and pick up books.  I recommend:

The Flight Attendant  Chris Bohjalian
The Dressmakers Gift  Fiona Valpy
Year One  Nora Roberts (SF)
The Snow Child  Eowyn Ivey
The Most Fun We Ever Had  Claire Lombardo

I'm an avid reader and love mysteries, thrillers, SciFi, and even romance!  I love fiction!! 

 Last year was a slow year for me - 45 books read.  (I have to admit, ebooks don't always get counted.)  So far this year - 43!!  I think I'm headed for a banner year!!

So - keep on keeping on!  Stay safe, wear your mask!  And QUILT ON!

A lovely sunrise reflected in the Western Sky - photo by my DH

No comments: