Saturday, June 6, 2020

We're implementing Phase 2!!! HooRay!

So what does Phase 2 mean? 

Things still won’t be “business as usual,” but people will be able to enjoy more freedoms as a variety of establishments welcome people back for the summer.
Under Phase 2 guidelines, gatherings of up to 50 people can take place indoors, up from 25 people from Phase 1; outdoor gatherings can have up to 100 people. This applies to pools, backyard weddings and recreational sports.
Bars and restaurants will be able to stay open until midnight, past the previous curfew which was set at 10 p.m.
Larger venues will be able to have up to 250 people, depending on the size of the building; potentially opening up larger restaurants, and venues such as movie theaters and gyms.
Theaters and places of worship will still have to set their COVID-19 occupancy limits based on the size of the building.
Pools and spas will be able to reopen as long as they provide sufficient space for people to stay apart, and people who are part of the same group can swim together.
Recreational non-contact sports like tennis and pickleball will return to outdoor courts, and youth sports will have guidance regarding equipment sharing.
Indoor activities like bowling, arcades and mini golf will also receive specific guidance for reopening. 
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
It may not be much - but it seems like the whole world is available!!  Like we are finally released from being grounded!!  :)  Yes, I did have a mis-spent childhood!!
This week I had TWO outings!!  A friend and I went down to Crescent City to Wild Rivers Health Food store, and Walmart!  We wore masks in the car; masks and social distancing when shopping and got caught up on our news!  It was fun and exhausting!!  
Then yesterday a friend had to go to Medford for a hospital meeting with a family member's doctors.  I volunteered to drive ... and surprise, she let me!  Again we wore masks in the car, traffic was light, thank goodness, and we got there in plenty of time.  Especially since the Head Dr was late to the meeting.  Whereas, she was cleared to enter the hospital, I was not.  So I went shopping at Trader Joe's!  Heaven!  The line-up space was marked with blue tape and cute sayings were written on the tape!  SO TJ!!
My DSIL and DD had been trying to keep us supplied with DH's low acid coffee.  Their lines were 30 -45 minutes.  DSIL said it was exciting as you neared, remined him of lines at Disney!!  After shopping for us and mailing it from Portland, good thing we're cute!  Well, I picked up at least 6 weeks of supplies there, and they are off the hook!
What's on your TJ shopping list?  Our list includes the Low Acid coffee; the Triple Ginger Thin Cookies; MultiGrain "Os"; Just the Clusters Granola, Pita Sea Salt Chips, and their greeting cards!!  There are favorites of frozen foods - especially the Vegetable Birds Nests, but that's for eating in the same city!!  I don't try to get that home in the summer months!
After a stop at Albertsons - Lindsay Olives!; Staples - ink for printer and Arbys for late lunch ... we picked up dinner - Noho's Hawaiian chicken teriyaki take out for dinner back home!  Delicious!!  We headed back home.  Back into the cool!  It was 80s in the valley and though I know that's a mild summer temp; we were mighty glad to be back where the ocean breezes keeps it around 60s!!
 I have been working on both the last of the Plus/X blocks and actually putting together the Road to Oklahoma top!  I like to put together quilt blocks the Two-sies; Four-sies method.  Easier for me than to put together rows, too many junctions each time??  I'm happy to report I'm on Eight-sies!!  And it's looking good!
 

My preferred method is to pin the units evenings in front of the TV. But not when watching Bosch!  Have to pay attention for that show!  

When I looked down at my huge pin cushion but it was almost empty!! I had a lot of catching up to do - how much?  Well, 2nd picture is of the pin cushion after caught up!!  Then -  Rinse, Repeat!!  

I usually lay out blocks on our king-size bed, I even stand on a kitchen chair, take a picture to get the whole quilt!  Below are the Rd to OK 4-sies. Checking to be sure I don't get too much red together.  Hmmm,  I did very little switching ... I don't think it matters much with this pattern!  Score!!!  I'm sewing 8-sies today,  The top should be done this weekend!!

You can see my tags pinned to the blocks to keep their order and orientation while sewing.  I don't unpin those until the top is finished!  And yes, I still can get them mixed up!  Sometimes I rip out, most times I re-order the blocks, putting the mistakes in the least noticeable positions!!  Hey! It's folk art!



Here are the last of the Plus/X blocks.  I have enough to be picky on the top and have blocks on the back!!  My favorite starting point.  I'm deliberately piecing Rd to OK together first.  Get the hang of it and then 'top' the Plus/X quilt.

 
NY NY                                Got the time??

 
 Arrrrgh! TWO green Pluses!          Flowers again         

 
Kid icons! Wizard of Oz; Harry Potter, Star Wars and Chicken-Man!?!

 
              Hearts                    Micky and Charlie Brown


Dogs, a cat and a gold fish walked into a bar ...

Stay safe!  Wear your mask!  Keep Quilting!!

No comments: