Saturday, April 18, 2020

It's the weekend, I guess!!

Yesterday was spent in the sewing room - again.  But it didn't seem as productive.

I resewed 1/2 the Flying Geese blocks - have the blue on.  Today the beige-ing.  Fingers crossed that I can square it up to the right size this time!  Then I just have one more block set, which I'm changing!!  Hey - I had to do it once!!

My DH cleaned out his closet, looking for a missing pair of shorts.  He handed me two pair of shorts and 2 old t-shirts!  So I used Bonnie Hunter's method of making 'bias' for face masks.  I folded them in half, squared them up on my rotary cutting board, cut 1" strips.  Then stretched each one until there was no more give.  It looks promising!  Today I'll put them into my "7 face masks a day" production today. #Ihatebias  Fingers crossed.



I'm dealing with an uprising from 1 DGS and my DS!  Only my DGD is playing the game.  She's 13 - so I'm thrilled to have this daily contact with her.  This weekend I'll try to talk the others into joining in again!

Yesterday's photo, the reveal is at the bottom of the post:


I found a baggie of 3.5" squares.  There were a lot of Blue and Beige-ings, so I marked and made 16 HST starts.  This is for Rd to OK - which I'm excited about, since I managed to sew 3 blocks together correctly!!

My Plus/X block of the day is themed!  I noticed when going thru my scraps that I have a lot of Bee fabrics.  So I used 5 of them, added an alphabet background, cuz we need a "Spelling Bee" too!  #Badjoke!  


Part of the explosion in the sewing room is from the scrap baggies!  Literally!!  Digging around in them, and then making the blocks, throwing back the left-overs.  Bad management!!  I end up with 8 bags looking like this!


                              

Believe it or not - after dumping the baggie on the ironing board, pressing and pulling out miniature pieces for a friend; pieces I want to use, and even tossing some ... I end up with this!


Easy to use again, at least until the next time!  I sorted the Red; Yellow/Orange and the Black/Brown/Greys!!  I have TWO bags of blue; TWO+ bags and piles of beige-ings; Green; Purple and Pink left to manage.  We'll see if that actually helps!

News Alert!  Sue Spargo is presenting stitch lessons on Instagram.  She calls it 90 days of stitches.  She's on Day 20 today!  How I didn't really notice this was happening goes to show my state of (no)mind!  She uses a circle sampler, which I happened to have made the circles after a class I took.  Only stitched one circle and not happy with it - will probably rip that one out.  AND miracle of miracles - I found it!

Now you would think that she would start with some simple stitches ... HA!  Bullion Knot on first day.  That's what attracted me to the first video.  I need to brush up on Bullion Knot for my DropCloth sampler.  Second day is Palestrina Knot!  I've never even done that one!!!  Going to try - no way will I catch up, up but hopefully will save the video in favorites and keep the Diagrams.  Just listening to her calm English accent helps!


 The reveal - the wall that separates the forest from our complex grounds.  One spring a young bear came up from the beach(?) and panicked.  You could follow his large muddy paw prints across the parking lot and up over the wall into the forest!!  We don't get many bears on this side of the Highway.  (Thank Goodness!)


Stay Safe and QUILT ON!

No comments: