Sunday, February 3, 2008

Week TWO after knee surgery




Bleah! That is definitely the word of the week. Still not sleeping; no energy and brother - tired of it. Enuf!

I did manage to bind "Starry Starry Nights". Finishing just under the deadline of Jan 31st! Very glad I had that ready to go - because I still have not spent as much time in the sewing room as I'd hoped I'd have energy for.

Starry Starry Nights may be one of my oldest UFO! I found it listed on a "to do" list from 1997 and it had been transferred from an earlier list! I had the stars all lined up like little soldiers and a quilting friend MJ reached over and twisted one! Well, that was a new concept! It sure did make the stars twinkle! SSN is about 45 inches square. Machine pieced and handquilted.

During recovery, I have been going thru old Quilters Newsletter Magazines. I have them all since the 80s! Can definitely see cycles of quilt styles. Scrap has been promoted for years and rightfully so!

Some good friends from work and quilting groups have been sending me FQs for my recovery! Thanks everyone! Wow - do they know what I like! It's been great getting squishies in the mail and visits between PT appointments. I'm looking forward to working with all these fabrics! And meanwhile I find myself patting each one and resorting them in their stacks! Great therapy for me - thinking ahead!


Also pictured above is my winter wonderland post card. The fabric itself did all the work - isn't it cool? Not my usual style at all. I was afraid that people would be disappointed with just fabric so I actually beaded alittle on each card. I can see how this could become addictive ... but hopefully I'll be able to keep it in check!

No comments: