Saturday, July 4, 2009

How on Earth did it get to be JULY???























I went to visit a friend who lives in the next building ... we see each other at gatherings all the time, but our schedules don't mesh well - and she's a quilter! But I got to visit and see her UFO stash - what fun!!! And see her condo decorated for the 4th of July. It was wonderful - little touches here and there. It all went together and looked great! So I was inspired to come home and get out the few summer things I moved. I even put them up. But they went better in our house in Lincoln!! You'll see my favorite decorations thru out this post ... none new though!

















There are get-togethers today here, but I got 'smoked' last night at the beach party. No, that isn't slang for drunk! LOL! There was a fire ... and I'm allergic to smoke! So I'm moving slow today. R just left for golfing so I think I'll hang around in casual clothes and sew! Always a popular choice! Time to "fire up" Prairie Home Companion on the web!

I'm working on the last bits and pieces of "Birds of a Feather" and hope to frame it and SID [stitch in the ditch] it this weekend. Then I can carry it around and hand-quilt details on it. We're going to Sisters for the outdoor quilt show this next week. I think we're staying over an extra day for Rick to golf some more, so hoping to have this quilt to noodle with to entertain myself! We're meeting DD, DSIL and the 2 GKs there - so I may be just napping that extra day! It's usually lots of fun family time as well as great quilt-watching. A highlight of our year. I'll let you know how it goes!















Happy 4th to you, whether it's a holiday where you live or not!

2 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

I hope you feel better Doni! I love, love, love the doll. I need to get busy and make myself some of those. I have never kept a doll I've made.

ForestJane said...

Wow, love all the J4 themed decorations, especially the quilt!

Hope you recover from the smoke - that kind of stuff bothers me some too, so I know where you're coming from.