Monday, January 17, 2022

It's a long weekend - but they all are when retired! :)


I love living on the Coast.  We were a long time getting here, but it's so beautiful.  And being retired, we have time to explore and enjoy it all.

Here is my newest little rock display.  It's a window sill in the kitchen, so those rocks aren't as big as you think!  Been keeping an eye out for 'heart' rocks on our beach walks.  DH walks diligently as I lolly-gag along!  He found the 'grey speckled' one (in back, second from the right) for me last week on Crissey Field Beach.

I don't think I'll fill the sill - but it's fun to spot them while in the kitchen.



Friday night the tide was so-o low - we had never seen this much sand at Crissey Field Beach.  And oh, my - the rock selection was astounding!!  Above the dunes you can see the visitor center, I would guess there was 3 times more beach and we practically had it to ourselves!



Saturday we woke up to a tsunami warning.  Did you see the satellite picture of the underwater volcano by Tonga Islands erupting?  OMG!  And of course, we are also on the Pacific Ocean and it came towards us.  The tide was low (0.1) Friday evening when we were walking the beach, but high tide was 7.3 Saturday morning.  When you add the swell of 3-4 feet to that ... there was a warning.  We're all happy to say that no damage came of that - but the ocean was wild for a few hours.

I read Every Last Fear by Alex Finlay this week.  Very good, it kept me reading late into the night!  Who-dun-it was a surprise to me.  Of course, I try not to figure it out, just follow the story.  Let me know if you like it!

Sewing room news ... always!  I'm putting up a new design wall this week.  Waiting for the 'wall insulation' from Home Depot to be delivered.  Two panels of 0.5" x 4' x 8'!!  I can't wait!  I ordered 109 wide flannel from JoAnn's to cover it.  You'll be the first to see it!

I'm making 5 quilts this year as gifts (some say, long time coming)  and I'm desperate for space to spread each one out and get the tops completed.  Kind of like a toddler in a toy store - need to see and rearrange!

Meanwhile, my 'not so private' goal this week is to get this quilt bound.  It's been half clipped for a week, and I do need to free those clips to have enough to clip the other half.  We'll see if my follow-thru stays strong!


 PS  The Olympics are coming - it's always good planning to have some dreaded handwork ready for the watching marathon!!  I hope to have this one done but -dare I hope - at least one of the five mentioned above ready could be ready to bind!!  

High Hopes!!  Stay safe.

1 comment:

---"Love" said...

I love little rocks too; those really are pretty! Looks like you are getting really organized to get 2022 started. Wish I could say the same. ---"Love"