Saturday, January 4, 2020

Happy New Year!! It always starts with infinite possibilities ...


We have had a wild ocean this week.  Haven't even been brave enough to walk down to it!  Let alone walk along it.  The waves have been hitting our sea-stacks and roaring up double the stacks size!  Exciting to watch ... from the safety of our condo!  Thank goodness for free images online!!

I love Christmas and decorating.  Not so much the putting away of said decorations!  It just doesn't look right AFTER Christmas!  I used to blame it on presents under the tree.  When they are gone it looks empty.  Well, no room for a tree in this condo.  And it still looks empty after the 25th.  I started when we got back from Portland.  The sun was shining, the porch was dry!  I have to haul in tubs from the porch storage closet.  And every year I think I got everything!

Days later I'll be in a room and suddenly see some Christmas schmutz that I didn't see before!!  This year was no different!  How did I clear the bookcase except for the bottom shelf??  And forgetting one of my favorite wall quilts hanging in the bathroom.  The stack of Christmas CDs in the sewing room, the two wall quilts hanging on the design wall ... the Santa hat on a beach chair door mat ...

 

OK the door mat has to stay until I find our usual one!!  Santa always recoups on the beach after Christmas Eve ... Right???



After Christmas we celebrated our 47th Anniversary!!  Seems impossible!  We celebrated with an Italian dinner down in The Pearl.  R picked the restaurant because it was across the street from our hotel.  It gets cold after dark!!

One of the best meals we've had!!  Top 10 and there is a lot of competition!  47 years worth!  Trattoria Gallo Nero  I had the Beef Filetto on roasted potatoes, R had pasta with Prosciutto.  We shared both and each were a winner.

Now you know me and chocolate!  We had the flourless chocolate cake for dessert and it was so dry.  I drank 3 glasses of water after!!  

Oh well, we had awesome chocolate Lava Cake here in Brookings at O'halleran's here in Brookings the other night.  Yes, we celebrate twice!!

Now to get back to regular life!!  #toomanycookies




No comments: