Monday, March 10, 2008

Hoping life is getting back to normal


Whatever normal might be! My knee is still “not going gently” into complete recovery! But I’m working it!
DH said I’m always discouraged during this time period. Aggravating when he's right, isn’t it.
Just got this picture of Miss P - 18 months old and already loves to play dress-up!

This last weekend I got to go to Spring Retreat. It was just what I needed! 47 crazy quilters out at the 4H Conference Center sewing and eating 24/7! Okay, we do split up that 24 hours and take shifts … but generally there is SOMEONE sewing at all times. Last year I was just able to “visit” retreat – wasn’t up to staying there. So this year was MUCH better. The “bedroom” [cabin] is a little far from the “living room” [conference center] but the kitchen is manned by a chef and he takes good care of us. Great food and all we have to do is put it on our plates and take it home on our hips!

Yesterday, after working on them at retreat, I finished three series of post cards for exchange: houses, spring and Easter post cards! I’ll post pictures after the recipients get them.

I also worked on the blasted pink disappearing 9patch for the second retreat – got the blocks into “foursies” but then ran out of room to work with them. That pattern is fun, not too many seams to match up, but not that fast when working with nickel squares – a whole lot of trimming going on. Hopefully, I’ll get the top together by the end of this month – I’m going to tie it because N graduates from college THIS May and I’d love to hand it to her!

Then I worked on the green disappearing 9patch – much more to my liking! I found myself arguing which block was my favorite! This did not happen with the pinks! The green goes to J2 who will receive her Masters this summer! So that needs to be done for our Oregon trip in July.

We’re heading into the remodeling period, so I’ll be without a sewing room by the end of this week. AND I’ll be packing said sewing room all week! Send good thoughts my way – I’m not sure our house is big enough to hold what’s packed into my sewing room! I’ve been weeding it out for months – knowing this was coming – and I really think I have more stuff than I started with!!! And it’s ALL treasures!!! Good Grief! Supposedly, all will be back to normal by the end of the month – fingers crossed, everyone!

Hopefully, I’m back to my blogging schedule of twice a week. I think I’ve got my sense of humor back … and getting out and about – there’s actually things to write about!

2 comments:

Sweet P said...

Miss P is adorable. Does she need the sunglasses from snow glare?

Sounds like a wonderful retreat weekend. I hope your knee continues to get better.

Mary Johnson said...

I can sympathize with you since I'm trying to sort, toss, and get ready to pack up both my quilting rooms and move.

Hope the knee feels better soon.