Friday, March 4, 2022

And Just like that - things got hectic!

 We're looking for a new rental in Brookings, yes, I know we've only been here 7 months - but not really our choice.

So whizzing around trying to see rental possibilities early - not after they're gone.  Yep, the rental market is that crazy!

Good thing I have quilting to keep my sanity!!  Ok, I heard that snicker!!

I've been making TAST work for me!! I've added stitches onto a sampler I started 15 years ago??  It was when we first moved to Oregon and I wanted a 'ocean' sampler.  It's very satisfying to watch it grow!

 
When I found it - this was how far I was.  Now - 9 more lines!!

Working on Edyta's 2020 BOW mystery.  My scrappy fabric choices didn't do much for her setting, so using the blocks I made I reorganized them into something I think worked well.  And of course, I have to make more border blocks - but did that yesterday!  So a few more tricks to make it bigger.  Original was 60 x 60 - not much good for snuggling under!

 
Edyta's version looked much better in her fabrics - but I love the zig-zag around the center in my variation!

AND I found #scrapsnap project from 2020.  Right up my alley, too bad I didn't see it back in 2020!!  Making color blocks each month and the finished quilts are awesome and definitely not cookie cutter quilts!  I'm hooked and I'm making it faster than their schedule.  Starting my third grouping today!

  

The Olympics were sometimes hard to watch, especially the 15 yr old from  Russia skater.  But I always watch them - love most of the stories.  I drug out a languishing quilt that needs to be finished and hand quilted every night.  Unfortunately, the Olympics ended and the quilt went back into the closet.  2 more easy borders to go ... soon, she promises!

AND because we needed some fun ... P & I started the improv-ish bird blocks!  We made some for baby quilts several years ago at a Finishing School.  And we both wanted to make a wall quilt ever since!  In one weekend, we made 3/4 of the blocks!! I love them, Now just have to get back to it.  

 
Birds with striped legs make it so fun.  Don't you love P's crossed leg one! Needs a cigar in it's beak!!!

Believe it or not we finally got over to Medford last weekend to celebrate Christmas with the Panama Gang! The weather was fairly clear and the kids were getting over colds - gotta make hay while the sun shines!  It was great fun to see them.  We ate Chipotle for lunch and brought Noho Hawaiian home for dinner!


We all watched the live-action Dora the Explorer and it was a blast from the past and entertaining on all levels.  The boys had a video game contest and the kids and I made some of their drawings into moveable figures.  Light cardboard, brass brads for joints.  Hard to convince the boys we needed the drawings BIGGER and we didn't have a paper punch.  Next time we will - ordered a sharp craft puncher on Amazon!!

Home for Fun Day at guild.  I haven't been very active in guild - COVID of course didn't help.  I had turned over the QOV program to another member and felt like hanging back so she could make it her own. Well, that was an easy excuse anyway!

This month's project was improv place mats.  I made mine into a table runner.  Gotta love stripes!

Hope to be back on a regular schedule blogging - see you soon!




1 comment:

Mary said...

Hope you find a place soon. Good progress on your selected projects. Love the birds. Need some on a seashore background. Christmas celebrations can happen whenever. I watched the Olympics and was troubled by the way the 15 year old positive test was handled. Good skating til she fell.