Thursday, April 1, 2021

Big Changes Afoot ... I'm not ready!!



 First of all - we got our second shot of vaccine!  And no problems!  It was recommended to go off Naproxen 2 days before to 2 days after.  You know when you wonder if your pill-regime is working ... this achey-breaky body tells me it is!  Back on now - but it always takes a few days to get back in gear.

DH went golfing this last weekend.  The first time in a l-o-o-ng rainy season!  I had plans ... I'm sure you know those plans!  AND there were interruptions - each day!! 

I wanted to set up the quilting in the main room - but someone wanted to see the condo.  Okay, that's over, now I can lay out 'Wool around the Garden'.  A 56" circular quilt from Simply Modern BOM - 5 years ago??  I finally have the first 2 quarters done and I got busy getting the second half done.  It's wool applique on cotton background.  

We live in a small condo (and my DH thinks 1/2 of the condo is his too!)  To work on the design, I laid out the finished 1/2 on the floor in the living room; the new 1/2 was on the dining room table with my giant cutting mats protecting the table from pinning.  The colored wool pieces were everywhere!!

I got the pieces traced on freezer paper, chose the colors and cut out the applique. There was a few color mix-ups and change ups.  Hated the base of one lighthouse ... you know I never do follow a pattern exactly!  




Sorry - the only photos I can get to load today!!  Better luck next time!

Late one night I was cutting the windows and doorways out of the houses.  How you ask??  I use a rotary mat and exacto knife to slice a diagonal opening in the windows.  Then sit in front of the TV with a bowl or small waste basket on my lap and trim them out!  One of the hard parts is remembering the correct order of houses to put them back!

The next morning when I was out walking - another call asking for another condo viewing - ran up the hill (ok, scrambled awkwardly!) and whisked it all back into the sewing space.  Afterwards, I was just too worn out to drag it out again.  Hoping today is my chance!

My DH 'stages' the condo for showings - I shovel my project back into hiding ... viva la difference!  And don't tell DH!!  Don't get me wrong, we're keeping it neat and tidy.  But I think people looking at occupied houses should realize people actually live here!  I see no reason to hide the soap dish in the bathrooms!!

And this is our only home.  Not our second!  Quilters have a lot of stuff!  One lady visiting said she loved seeing all my quilts in the online pictures!!  Oh dear!

I'm feeling worn out, my heel hurts, I'm losing things (usually happens when too busy and/or under stress) and I want those pesky elves back to come back to help move my projects forward ... to a more satisfying place for me to enjoy working on them.  NOW, please!

We have a new Grand-dog in Portland!  A new puppy.  She looks very small next to the German Shepard!  Welcome to the family Miss G!


My DS is back in the states.  In Oregon too!  He starts his new job in Medford next week.  Let's just say, it's a dream job for a nurse with small kiddos.  DDIL and the 3 Grands will be back after her teaching contract at the International School ends in June.

Miss E (turns 4 in June) is adorable! (as are all Grandchildren, of course) She returned from a playground expedition declaring:  "Mission A-complicated"!!  I don't know about you, but that sums up the last year for me!!!

 

No comments: