Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Foggy August Days!! but not complaining!

 When the valley across the mountains from us gets HOT, we get fog.  They've been up in the 90s - 100s for the last month.  And although we typically get some sun each day, the fog has been pretty tricky this week.

Last night it was beautiful at sunset, DH and I were sitting on the deck having martinis(!)  Something new we started during quarantine!!  And I spotted a whale!  There is an island close to our beach - Rainbow Rock Island.  And the whale was between the beach and the island!  I don't know if he was really BIG or just looked big because he was so close!  Either way, it was a thrill.  I'll take a picture of our view looking North - if the fog ever lifts!

And don't think that it was just the Lemon Drop martini talking!  We both saw it, spouts spouting for hours!!!  No we were not drinking for hours, but after we had lasagna for dinner, I went back out to see if he was still there - he was!

Just like dogs ... people tend to refer to whales as he or she.  I think that depends on which sex your dogs were / are.  I always call them 'he' but a good friend calls them 'she'.  We try to convert each other to the other pronoun, but no luck so far!


Last night I finished binding "Wild Thing - you make my heart sing"!  You remember the X-plus blocks I made during quarantine.  (picture of blocks on the design wall.)  Someone, when seeing it, asked if it was for a child?  Nope, just made by a 68 year old child!!!  A Grandkid might get it eventually ... but tonight it's going on my side of the bed!!

I've been going to our outdoor pool faithfully all summer.  It had a late start, but we've been holding water aerobics classes.  There's a lot of hoops to jump thru ... wearing masks everywhere but IN the pool.  Temperatures taken each morning.  Outside entrance and outside shower.  I miss the changing room.  But so glad to be there, my knees are much happier.  For those of you concerned, our county has only had 19 cases.  The lowest covid count county on the Oregon coast. And we are fighting to keep it that way. :>

Pictures coming,  really, I promise!!

No comments: