Friday, August 23, 2019

August - my birthday MONTH!

We had a great time at Newport Oregon for the quilt show.  It was just beautiful.  No ribbons for me this year.  :<  Must try harder.  Looking back, I didn't get much done this year.  I entered my QOV quilt and Laurie Heine Bumble Bee wall quilt in the Brookings Show, and Bumble Bee and the crib "Color block"at Newport.



I have a new 'go to' dinner dish.  Hillshire Meats have the Veggie Sausage Dish on their website.  I generally add every veggie that looks good at the store!  We love asparagus, brussel sprouts, green beans, red and green peppers ...  And I don't do the lemon juice.  I think it comes out awesome no matter what you add or leave out.  We love it.  AND after it's been baked, the leftovers are good cold too. Win, Win!

Our ModSquad group's assignment this month was self-portrait.  Man, are they hard!  First you have to look at pictures of you.  That's my smile???  My top lip disappears!!  Then the project is 15" square - that's bigger than real life!!  BUT we had 14 self portraits turned in today!  That's our biggest participation ever!
Thanks, Ladies for all your hard work!

 

We, of course, thought it was going to be easy to guess who was who!  NOT!  So many techniques, so many memories, it was fun! Mine is not quite finished, I chickened out with the facial details you draw or stitch in.  Someday soon???



Next weekend is a small retreat - but I have big plans for what I will accomplish while I'm there!  (Of course!)  I have a list and several deadlines zooming up!  I'll give you a progress report next time.

Bye-bye summer, it was nice while it lasted!

2 comments:

---"Love" said...

I love your Bumble Bee! I could draw a picture of myself at all --- just can't draw anything! I checked out that recipe, and I think I'll be trying it soon! ---"Love"

Mary said...

Happy Birthday month! This coming week is our County Fair. The Quilt Festival is next month. Love your Self Portrait. I would need a Tiara on mine, lol. Good luck on finishes at Retreat. Where are you going??