Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Still celebrating my "birthday month"!

The Newport show was a great success.  The traffic on the coast this summer has been epic!  More so in Newport than ever.  Is everyone coming out to check out Eclipse Viewing spots??  That would be okay since it means after next monday, the traffic will disappear?!?! Ha!


Shhh - it's Low Volume hung unadorned but it did hang straight!!  It's a miracle!


View from the Deck got a ribbon this year.  So it's safe to come visit - DH says life is easier if I get a ribbon!  LOL!



The show is in the Newport Recreation Center, Here we are looking down from the track at the main gym.  It's a great facility - next year I'm bringing my swim suit - the pool is finally finished and looks Great!!!

After the show, I went on to Portland and celebrated my birthday there - Olive Garden one night and Panera Bread salad the next night! Oh - and I picked up my new Ipad too! Did a little shopping but no quilt stores this round!

Tuesday bright and early Miss P and Mr M headed toward the coast with me!  We had a great "Camp Nana/Papa".  Lots of fun and beach time.  It was pretty grey ... but that just adds to the 'coziness!'  Papa played catch inside and out every day!  Inside is with water balls from the Dollar Store. They work great for kids inside and many a game has been made up with them.  We watched the Little League tournament while pitching in the house!!

We threw frisbees every evening after dinner.  Our best count was 20? without a drop.  Must work on that!

We were on top of the sea stacks ...


We were in front of our favorite driftwood elbow ...


We were crossing streams precariously ...


One day the bed-hair was so drastic we had no choice but to go to Open Swim at the Brookings Pool ...


We walked thru the Redwoods ...


Stopping along the way to explore ...


Then Friday night we went to A&J's house and had a cousins' sleep-over!  Miss E was the hit of the party.  Nana had to compete with Miss P for holding time.

Legos were very popular

But a new game of airplane was also invented!

Bedtime was delayed many times for books and giggles.  But memories were made!

It's no wonder that when we got home (sweet home) I was low energy! I had a long and complicated 'To Do' list.  I must say, it made a great bookmark!!  I sat and read and read and listened to the ocean.  Made smoothies and didn't share with anyone! Hopefully I'm fully recovered now because the little guys are coming for their first "Camp Nana/Papa" this week.  YIKES!  I'll let you know how it goes!

Enjoy these lazy (?) definitely crazy days of Summer!!


1 comment:

---"Love" said...

Looks like a nice show. Congrats on your ribbon; the quilt is really pretty. So is your other one too. Looks like the family had a good time enjoying special places together. You will survive! Been there, done that! ---"Love"