Sunday, November 8, 2009

Storm Surge


Well, we are here at the coast for our first storm. And it's been really interesting to watch. The ocean has swells 15 inches higher than usual - add high tide to that and it was quite the show! Waves were breaking against our dune and splashing 20 feet high! These photos were taken by my neighbor [and friend] J.


I watched all weekend - while sewing at the diningroom table! I'm almost done with Mr M's name wallquilt. I made Miss P one 3 years ago, and their mom hasn't really used it so I'm hoping with one for Mr M too - they will make their 'debut'!

This week is guild and the Back to School Applique alphabet blocks are due. I have the majority of them here, but no complete alphabets. So Thursday is the day - will all the letters show up?? I really hope so. Since I was sorting the bags into ABC1 and ABC2 I got to see them up close and personal - some are so cute. People have really thought it out. For example - I is for iguana and the background is jungle leaves! They are going to be so much fun to work with. Can't wait to see what everyone is going to come up with! We exchange the blocks - but you finish them and you can set them any way you want to. So square in a square, YBR, churn dash ... the possibilities are endless. We hope to have quite a few done for the show next August.

I washed my signature fan quilt this weekend. A stain had developed from white wine - I don't want to talk about it! Oxy-clean didn't get it out so now I'm stumped. When I wet the quilt, even though I've had it for twenty-some years, the smoke smell simply rolled off of it. My grandmother smoked like a chimney - but I'd never smelled it on the quilt. Anyone with an idea for the stain - let me know! Thanks.

No comments: