Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I'm back!


Boy, it's hard to come home from retreat. Nothing quilty to look forward to ... and my sewing room looks like a tornado went thru - twice! We had a great time. It was a rainy weekend so most of our "walks" were to the snack table! I had a sugar hangover on Monday!

I didn't get as many disappearing 9patch tops done as I'd hoped! Okay - so my expectations may have been too high! I did get 1/2 the blocks done for 2 pink quilts and 3/4 of the 1st blocks done for a green one.

I also quilted the inside of "Starry Starry Nights". Have a small border and then figure out what I'll do on the large border. But I'm getting there.

Did some "retail therapy" Friday on the way up. I'm about to go "No buy" November 1st in Stashbusters - this may have been like "Last call at the bar!" Bought a great kit with "Holly Jolly" fabrics. It's pictured above - Miss Rosie's Toulouse - don't you love it? It's an awesome quilt. Three other friends ended up buying it too! We'll have to get together to sew!

3 comments:

Sweet P said...

Sounds like you had a great time on your retreat. Good luck with No Buy on Stashbusters. It is a great program.

Quilter Kathy said...

I know exactly what you mean about coming back from retreat...it's awful!
But I really like your new quilt kit...the striped sashing fabric is perfect!

MARCIE said...

Wow, that is a really cool quilt! Sounds like you had a great time at your retreat! Welcome to our Stash group!