Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Olympic Fever Here!

I love the Olympics and DH, who watches every sport imaginable, doesn't!  He's just contrary, what can I say!  I love it for the personal stories.  And NBC does a great job of covering it!!

I have a quilt that I'm hand quilting - and I work on it during the Olympics at least a couple times a week.  Not the best plan!  But I'm also working in the sweat shop - err - sewing room during the day.  I'm trying to get caught up from taking all that time out when DH was recovering.  The sewing room is piled high with projects all yelling "Pick me!" It's distracting!!

  • I want to finish binding my Intl Miniature Exchange.  And finish the one for me!  Yes - I'm making two!
  • I'm getting a guild blocks Log Cabin QOV top and back ready to be quilted by a local longarmer.  
  • Getting the Breast Cancer Raffle Quilt top and back ready for it's quilter! I must have been high on M&Ms when I volunteered for that!
  • 3 Fabric post cards exchanges needing to get done.
  • Baby quilt with leftover log cabins ... for City Baby Shower!
  • The hand quilted project - on it's 2nd year mainly sitting on the side!
  • and the list goes on!
We finally got to have "Christmas" with the Portland group.  It snowed and we were asked to please not delay Christmas again (blaming us for the snow!)


A good friend sent an 'engineering' set for Mr M.  He wasted no time to get electrifying with Gus-Gus, the German Shepherd supervising.


Another good friend here in Brookings was cleaning out her "teacher" supplies and I scored a box of books for the GKs!  They were all so excited. But here's a picture of the little guys looking them over.



Here's what else has been happening:

Mod Squad met for the beginning of our second year.  We're not sticking with one book this year.  Each member will present an assignment from any book, theme, color or embellishment.  January's assignment was "Identity" from the 12 x 12 book.  It was touching and inspiring to see our entries.  Easy to guess - we know each other pretty well.



I go to Crescent City Pool two times a week for water aerobics (during a 'usual' week).  Last time I was there, I stopped by Safeway and this is what happened to their landscaping at the entrance! I don't believe it was planned this way!


It was awesome!  Have you ever tried to stack rocks?  Definitely tricky!


And we've had some wonderful sunsets.









1 comment:

Mary said...

I have a TV Tray set up and I cut out my Letter Blocks and get them ready to sew. Funny that DH doesn't enjoy the Olympics. I DVR them so I can skip the commercials. I love the Figure Skating the best!!