I have no excuses - okay, one! During the Azalea Festival Quilt Show I hurt my left hand. We were putting away folding chairs and the chairs shifted and trapped my hand. I patiently lifted the chairs off my hand and kept working. It was 3 hours later and WOWZER I finally noticed the giant (ok - half a golf ball) hematoma on my hand. Scared me!!
We have a nurse in the family - my son - so first call was to him. Yes, yes, I know he's a pediatric nurse but he DOES have access to medical sites and knows how to use them! Ice!! The swelling went down fairly fast - but holding my hand that 'certain way' to help - got my arthritis in that hand going. Sigh!
Just the week before the hand-smashing, I had volunteered to make a nautical baby quilt for the Brookings Pool Manager's baby coming in September. My hand was not happy about this.
I was not able to keep the quilting schedule I'd promised!! I'm thrilled to say, finally "TODAY, I finished the binding and washed it" - turning it in tomorrow. The 'baby shower' is next Wednesday! I'll show you a picture of the quilt when it's been given. Stay tuned!!
Now to the second problem in my summer - Better Bones and Balance training. I'm doing pretty well on the quizzes - but not so well in learning the workouts! What could go wrong???? Oh, yeah --- lots of things! But I have until the 24th of August to get my act together ... fingers crossed!
As the best song from our childhood says: See you in September!!
No comments:
Post a Comment