Wednesday, September 2, 2026

See You in September!!

Busy, busy busy!  Here is the news:

I passed my tests:  one written test online and a whole day of training in Corvallis.  Yes - ALL day!  We checked in at 7:30 AM.  Spent the day working out in the gym, learning the right way to do it and how to explain it.  Up and down stairs between classroom and gym.  Certified at 5 pm!!  YAY!  I am now a certified Better Bones and Balance® teacher.

There were about 30(?) teachers being certified - and there was a good number of us over 60! BBB was developed in the '90s and is excellent for seniors.  Came back home sore and exhausted - but it's getting better.  

When I was working with the Community College here to register the class - I asked when registration for classes end?  Answer - "when the class begins."  

Well, I didn't ask the right question - because it's 2 weeks to the class and my class is full and the waiting list has been filled!!  <insert screaming emoji>  Who knew!!! We'll see if they all stay with me.  Fingers Crossed.

A pool friend told me it was going to be a great class because I have a reputation!! (first thought was 'and they're enrolling in spite of that??')  I believe I have a reputation as a quilt guild member.  But didn't know I had a reputation for exercise!!  

I promised you'd get to see the Pool Manager's baby quilt.  The baby is here and all are doing well.


This is such a cute panel, found it on Amazon - and it will last forever!!  I was looking for more of a quilt blocks look - easy to machine quilt.  Sigh - those days a re gone for now!  

We wanted something nautical but I didn't want to quilt straight lines across all the animals ...  So I hand quilted it - and may I say, my hand quilting has deteriorated alot!  But it should hold together well enough!  

I also made 2 receiving blankies.  The ones my daughter told me 20 years ago that I had to make them for EVERYONE I know having a baby.  Umm, is there an end to this promise??  It's been 20 years, and JoAnn's is gone ... just saying!!

Well, we finally are getting rain.  We've been so dry, fires all around.  But it's been raining for hours today with more storms headed our way later in the week.  Honestly I'd forgotten how drenched I can get just getting across the street to my car!!  BUT not complaining!!!  Welcome Rain!!




No comments: