Tuesday, March 15, 2022

A New Lease on Life!

 We came to an agreement with our Landlord, signed a new lease and I started un-clenching my body!  It will take awhile to sink in, but there is no 'Move soon' hanging over our heads.  Yay!

The Halleluiah chorus is still loud and strong down at the docks.  Sea Lions as far as you can see!  The number and volume changes but from 50 sea lions to 100's have moved in!!  The longest dock is sinking under the weight of these not-so-svelte animals.  A theory is an algae has moved in and that's what is attracting them.  Always interesting!

Quilting like mad - I did finish the top of the Edyta 2020 mystery - 60 x 60, needs to be longer - I'll be sticking that in time-out while I figure that out!!



Then there was lots of fun with striped-leg birds.  I love these!  My top is together - ready for the triple border with half inch leftover legs!!  You'll just have to trust me on this one!  Darn cute!

I've also started making scrap 2.5" borders for a new project coming up.  Some friends swear by the 'sewing on adding machine tape' method.  But you do have to rip that stuff out, and there's no knot on both ends ... sounds problematic.  I started one seam on the tape, but then just started chain stitching pairs, recombining them, adding more ... it went really fast and I like the way it looks.  You DO have to use at least 3" scraps.  Not having a definite start (edge of the tape) it can drift a little and well, I did have to rip a few 'too small' pieces -out of the middle of course!  But this small part of the new project will be perfect to take to the April retreat - mindless, colorful and fun!!

Reading has slowed down a bit for me.  But we did have our first book club meeting in 2 years last night!  We decided the next five books will be:

Her Last Flight - Beatriz Williams   Fiction around the life of Amelia Earhart

The Day the World came to town - Jim Defede  Story of the small Canadian town that took in all the passengers blocked proceeding to US on 9-11.  We'll watch the musical Come From Away too!

Oona Out of Order  by Margarita Montimore  A woman leads her life, but not in numerical order!  It's very good.

The Rose Code by Kate Quinn  World War ll code breaker story

Murder on the Oregon Coast by G.A. Cockerham  I think you can figure out this plot.  It's 'happening' in Brookings so that will be fun to figure out where things are taking place.

We've been together for 10 years - 2 yr break during covid.  It will be good to get together again on a regular basis.

Stay safe and ease back into life!








No comments: