Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Pizza from Pizza Hut for Valentine's Dinner

 This weekend DH went to California for golfing and Super Bowl madness.  And he brought home Pizza Hut for Valentine's Dinner.  Who wouldn't love not cooking, not going out on a foggy rainy Valentine's Day??  Okay - I did make a side salad!!

I remember when our son, A, was working at Subway during HS.  He came home from working  Valentine's Day incensed over someone coming in and getting 2 subs, 2 drinks and a video rental ...  "If I was lucky enough to have a girlfriend ... I sure wouldn't be that lazy on Valentines' Day!!" Hmmm, married and 3 kiddos now - I'll have to ask how they celebrate now!

In the past, DH would often be traveling in February.  But I'd always get a bouquet of long stemmed red roses delivered.  Usually at work, it really POed a single gal there.  She jumped up from the meeting and ran to meet the delivery man, declaring her true love. she came back disgusted, "They're for you!"

Funny story, DH was usually in the South during February.  And he'd order the flowers from down there. a dozen red roses ... but apparently red roses were cheaper down South.  There were a few years I got 9 red roses;  10 red roses and it drove me nuts.  Why 9?  We were married 10 years ago!!  Does one year not count??  By the time DH got home, we had other fish to fry.  Finally I mentioned it to him - nope, supposed to be 12!

I'm still recovering from the ick mentioned last time.  But at least now, when I cough - always covering it - it doesn't sound like I have consumption.  Last weekend I was able to go 'play' with P.  We quilted, laughed and had a bowl of chocolate mint ice cream to celebrate!  Ahhh, back to normal-ish life -- isn't it grand!

Today is Day 3 of #100dayproject and I'm right on schedule!!  The Disappearing 9patch top is done!  Check!  I have a secret plan for this year.  I'm making 5 quilts as gifts and each week I'd like to make big progress on one of them.  Ready to give away at the start of the summer.  Sounds pretty 'pie in the sky' but so far so good!!

 



Last seam pinned!

I've made 2 'churn dash' blocks and they are pretty darn cute!  One a day plan - I have parts and pieces ready to sew for a week's worth, so far so good!! When I looked up blocks in Ginny Beyers book, it said it was based on a 5-grid and common name was Double Wrench.  But depending on the fabric arrangement it can look like Shoo-Fly or Churn Dash, although those are based on 4-grid.  Double Wrench corners are 2 units and the center is one.  Darn cute to figure out!

We had a arborist in the trees over the weekend.  So fun to watch him tearing down the ivy.  Hooked to the tree like a line-man and up to the very tip-top.  Considering the trees are at least 3 stories tall and are on a cliff that is at least 5 stories tall ,.,  definitely a job for a -young, not afraid of heights - type.


  


PS Did I mention how we celebrate a good long sweat shop day?


No comments: