Thursday, February 3, 2022

February and we're down with the worst respiratory flu ever!

 But NOT Covid  - we have the negative Covid home tests to prove it.  DH was down with it last week.  We thought we isolated each other in the bigger apartment ... guess we were wrong.  I came down with it Monday.

The worst thing ever is - I'm missing the Quilt Retreat!  And they are having it without me!!  Can you believe it?  It's my favorite thing to do - quilt retreat.  Well, I'll just have to live vicariously! And journey on!  

I have no energy or stamina.  Yesterday I was bored and rotary-cut strips for an hour - I was in bed for the rest of the afternoon!  Yes, I'm whining! < Sorry >

Here is the picture of the February gallery wall.  Honestly, I used to have lots of heart quilts and every other type of quilt.  But a couple of years back I liberated them from the tyranny of the closet shelf and gave them to family and friends. So this Guild Challenge is my favorite (that's why I kept it!)  That's hand applique and hand big stitch quilting!  I tried to make it look like a box of candy with the good ones already eaten!!  Not that we have ever experienced that ... or were the culprit!



There are a couple of stuffed hearts over on the bookcase but that's all for this year.  I do have some plans to quilt 2 more quilts for February - maybe by next February?

Besides hacking and moaning I've been reading like a fiend.  Some books in just one day!  I did read a couple of winners!

Hello Transcriber by Hannah Morrissey I thought the plot was engaging and living in a small town ... I could see the possibility .

Better Off Dead by Lee Child and Andrew Child  Who doesn't love Jack Reacher?  I think there are more techie details involved since Andrew joined his dad's team, but still a darn good story.

Interference by Brad Parks  I have been stalking Brad Parks' books ... this was the last stand alone book to read.  And WOW!  I loved it even more than his latest book Unthinkable (the first I read)  I hope he gets busy and gives us a new one soon!  I have 3 more in the series ... also very good!  Well thought out and a sense of humor pops out for 'fans'.

#100daysproject starts February 13!  So in between sneezing, coughing and moaning I've been studying stash / UFOs / and Pinterest!  What will I have as a goal this 4th (5th?) year participating?  The first years I didn't make it to the end - I tried to finish ONE project.  Granted, it's a project I like and want to finish but I can't do it every day.  In 2020 I was successful promising one quilt project that I felt like doing - one block a day. 

It was a quilt I'd put off for - dare I admit - decades????  (I've been quilting for 48 years!!)  And I loved the process and ended up with "Wild Thing - I think I love you."  This is me showing it off the balcony for International Quilters' Day.



Last year was appliqued circles and All Around the Garden wool applique.  Both still ongoing.  Sigh.




SO this year I have choices!  I can make blocks for a Bonnie Hunter Churn-dash



Or a scrappy challenge that was done (without my knowing about it!!) in 2020.  #scrapsnapquiltalong.  It's making 10 color-block type - blocks each month and ending up with a throw-sized quilt.  They are so gorgeous and not cookie-cutter quilts!  Check them out on Instagram  or go to Quilts for the Making website.

I'm thinking one day a week I'll throw in "UFOs Lucky Day" and work on an languishing project for one day!  I can pick whichever one strikes my fancy!!

 

As always, there's a myriad of possibilities!!  Just the way we like it!!

Stay safe and always have boxes and boxes of Puffs ... just in case!


No comments: