Sunday, September 11, 2022

To Blog or not to Blog -

 A 3 month blogging hiatus??  Why?  Who knows!  We are still under construction - the painters did come back this week and we don't really have that unique light blue and medium old brown combo on the outside of the house.  BUT they still need to finish doors, railings and PLEASE put back the handrails!!  It's really depressing, I know Curry county is often called "No Hurry Curry."  But these guys are stretching that to the max!

I celebrated a BIG birthday in August - SEVENTY! Thanks to P, I had 2 surprise lunch parties!!!  Fellow quilters know what you want!  Always the best presents. Thanks so much for the festivities!!

 I'm don't feel older but seem to catch every cold/virus around.  And for some reason, at 70, it takes longer to recover from said viruses.  Thank God, not COVID - but many days thinking 'if this isn't COVID, I sure don't want it'  And of course, aren't we sick and tired of Covid directing our lives and thoughts?  Bah!

My 'new' Eversewn QE sewing machine has been on the 'PIA' list lately.  Now the foot pedal port is loose.  It took 2 weeks to figure out the problem (one week it was in California to be looked at!)  No machine repair here.  Nearest is 2 hours away.  Meanwhile, I have a 'fix'  cram a folded 'pedicure toe separator' between the cord to the foot pedal and the electric cord!  P is convinced I got a lemon.  Sigh!  I miss my Janome that served me well for over 12 years!!  And the Kenmore before that I got while in HS!!  The quilt projects are stacking up!

Hmm, maybe I quit blogging because of my mood??  I'll try to correct that.

Blessings:

Living in Brookings where the climate is down right 'medium'.  Although, the Port, our neighborhood, was 101 degrees last week.  Yep, hotter than Medford AND Nebraska summer weather!  But, that's highly unusual.  Usually we are 50 something degrees sometime during 24 hours all year round.  Sometimes the high, sometimes the low!

These gulls insisted on posing for me!!

R and I walked the beach at low tide that 101 day.  We're walking close to the water and I kid you not -  hot, hot, one step, cool breeze the rest of the way!!  AND on the way back to the car we crossed that invisible line again - back into the heat!  Things that make you go "Huh?  What?? Why??".

Miss E was here for 6 days!  Everyone else in her family was in school.  She starts kindergarten a week later - different districts.  She did fine, until she heard Dad's voice on the phone!  That day was rough.  But with 2 older brothers, she's a tough little gal.  Not a fan of "NO!"  But who is!!

Brother D, now in middle school and just got his own phone.  D & K called us to talk to E.  She wasn't quite sure what was going on, but when she figured it out, she immediately threw us under the bus!!  "K, don't tell mom, but I got A LOT of screen time!!"  K immediately told mom!  Well, I admit screen time did go up after Nana got the cold.  

Redwoods - our model wanted pictures with all the trees!  40+! 

The call of the sea

Breakfast conversations! Love her crossed legs.

We had loads of fun reading library books over and over again!  Our favorites were "Ducks Don't Wear Socks"  And "Stephanie's Ponytail."



Unfortunately, she came with a cold and generously gave it to me (see 'colds' lament above)  Yikes, we drove her back to Medford and my ears did NOT like going over the mountains at all!  Took me 5 more days to get over it.  BUT not the first time (or probably the last) a beloved Grandchild spread the plague!  No hard feelings!

Meanwhile, there are failed projects and projects waiting to be finished.  Sewing rooms to be cleaned and reorganized ... all in different levels of implementation!  I'll let you know what's going on next time - hopefully before 3 months!




3 comments:

swooze said...

I’ve been hit and miss on my blog you too. Just keep trying whenever you can. That’s what I’m going to do as well

Anonymous said...

I so enjoy reading your blog. Sorry about your sewing machine. Hope it recovers soon.😀

Mary said...

I'm posting when I think of something to share. Lot's of Secret Stitching going on that I can't show. Quilt Festival this weekend so I'll have NEW Quilts to share from that. The Grandchildren are good at Giving us the viruses. My DD#2 gave me Covid. It wasn't fun and my energy level is still low- naps happen, just because I am OLD. Glad you had a Happy Birthday. enjoy them all!