Monday, January 1, 2018

2018 - so far, so good!!!!


Happy New Year from the Boyds @ Oregon coast

Last year, I was fighting the flu and my DH went down to our beach and drew out 2017 for me to photo.  This year, neither of us are going down to the beach!

DH had Quadruple Bypass in December and we ARE walking around the level complex 3 times a day.  But neither of us is up to the 'goat path' that leads to the beach!

Yay, Google images!!

I'm going to play the "Minimalist Game" in January - where you give/donate/trash/(ring and run???) clutter out of your house.  As many items as the date!  Who wants to play???

So today you would give away one thing ... tomorrow 2! You end up giving up almost 500 items in the month!  But, hey! even if you don't make it to the end of the month, you'll be resetting your mind; and be rid of at least 1 thing!!!  But - it averages around 17 items a day.  That seems doable!

I took 7 cookie tins to our Sew-Day Merry Mayhem today.  So I'm ahead of the (1 today) game!!  Tomorrow I have a grocery sack of too-much-sodium foods from our pantry for the food bank.  I made a little excel spreadsheet (of course I did!!) to keep my count.  I should really do this backwards - but I got little sleep last night and it's too late today to find 23 more items!!  I'll catch up later.

And so it begins!!!  LOL! I'm not very good at that 'catch up' game.  Maybe this year?

2 comments:

swooze said...

I think Stephanie dried would just write in the 23rd as done. No catch up! Hope dh has a speedy recovery!

doni said...

Thanks Swooze - that's very clever - put your cast-offs on the date that you needed that many! What a concept! Now I have to go back to my spreadsheet and redo today's donation!! :)