Thursday, August 15, 2013

Good times!!

At the beginning of August - life got faster!!  The first weekend is always the Newport Quilt show and it is always a great show.  This year was no exception!!  I particularly had a good time at this vendor!!

 Carriage Country Quilts  I didn't even know there was a Des Moines Washington!!  What drew me in was the wool and embroidery samples and patterns.  Awesome stuff!!

Oh, and I'm happy to say, I didn't just bring home purchases!!  Take a look!


I L*O*V*E winning ribbons, especially at the Newport show - their ribbons are so pretty.  This beauty was pinned to my Reminiscing wall quilt.  The pattern is Reminisce by Lori Smith 


I talked about making this quilt here.  Scrap Happens, my small group in Nebraska, exchanged the blocks in the outside border.  I love that it's finished now - it reminds me of good friends back 'home'.

After the show I headed up to L&J's house for some quality time with Miss P and Mr M.  We started my birthday celebration there.

 J grilled us steaks and sweet potatoes for dinner, followed by a celebration at Menchie's - a frozen yogurt shop.  After enjoying our yogurts we stopped by the water fountain park right there and L caught this picture with her new camera - I love it!


Doesn't it look like they are in a flash mob??  They were stepping on the water jets and having a great time of it!

Oh - you want to see their faces? Why didn't you say so!! Here's my cutie patooties!!



While we were gone, A&J2 and the boys came over to our condo to get out of the smoke.  We're having many persistent forest fires and the smoke has been hanging in the valley for weeks.

They let me know that they didn't forget my birthday either - with a 'scuplture' of my polished rocks!



What fun!!

I have lots to tell you about sewing room stuff!  But that's for next post.  Here's a shot of someone who's been hanging around with his friends ... He's pretty shy, but I managed to catch him today!!  Wish you were here too!!



1 comment:

Mary said...

Congrats on your BIG Ribbon. Happy Birthday TOO1 Glad you got more G-ma time. The water park picture is priceless.