Saturday, January 8, 2011

Now this is a great new year!


We've had six days of wonderful, sunny weather. Okay - it's not summer, so the temps have been 40-50 and it IS cold in the shade ... but sun, beautiful sun! It makes you feel that anything is possible!!

I'm late with my Year End Review!! But I'm retired now and no one really cares - including me!! LOL!

I only read 49 books this year - that's a low count for me. Of course, we moved and my son got married last summer, so I have my excuses. There were several books this year that were really good - and I highly recommend them.

The Justice Game by Randy Singer
The Help by Kathryn Stockett
Gone Tomorrow by Lee Childs - Read the whole "Jack Reacher" series
The Last Child by John Hart

I've already started reading a favorite of 2011 - it's cutting into my quilting time! I'll let you know if it stays good!

I finished 19-ish projects this year! Some were numbered groups like '8 totebags for the wedding party'. Six projects were UFOs including the king-size log cabin wedding quilt. I have high hopes for finishing many more UFOs this year!

And I lost weight rather than gaining! Hip, hip hooray! I'm superstitious about mentioning numbers - but hoping to continue the downward trend this year!

Hmmm, that book is calling me again. If I can tear myself away from it - I need to frame the table runner. I'm #3 Lady in waiting in the Stashbusters UFO Challenge - I should be more motivated to work on it ... oh well!!

Happy new year, everyone!

No comments: