Thursday, October 29, 2009

Busy busy busy!


Back from vacation and I'm afraid I hit the ground running! I finished the anniversary quilt for L&J - 5 years last week. It was a kit I bought for L to work on because it WAS NOT MY COLORS! The picture is kind of dull - believe you me, that quilt is bright! She picked out the kit at The Pine Needle in Lake Oswego, Oregon. It was just 10 inch squares. After she sewed the 'twosies' under supervision she never had time or the inclination to do more. So I spirited the blocks out of the house and finished them. Had M long-arm it. and ta-da! A surprise anniversary present! I decided I'm giving my kids a quilt for all anniversaries divisible by 5! Of course, since A&J2 are getting married within 8 months of L&J's 5th ... I'll be scrambling every 4 years!!! Typical me!


Today we finished binding the recovery quilt for Suzanne. I led an intrepid group of mainly non-quilters to make this cheerful checkerboard quilt. They were troopers! And my goal was to have it done in a month and we did! Didn't they do a good job!

Winter has set in here - there's been snow up in the ski areas. Mainly grey, grey rainy days these last two weeks. We'll have to adjust our attitudes - and turn on the lights!!!

I'll leave you with a Miss P statement. Papa is no longer 'Papa'. He's now "Gamp-pa" because "he's all grown up now!" LOL! I'm still 'nana' and I don't know what that means!!! I walked into the family room where Miss P and R were playing with a farm set. R had the fence on his head as a hat! I remarked that I didn't think he was very grown up! But Miss P insisted he was!!!

1 comment:

The Calico Cat said...

Love the red & white quilt.