Saturday, July 26, 2008

Miss P on her way home - [sigh]




We had a GREAT time with L and Miss P here for two fun packed days. Miss P loved going to the beach with her grandpop. She loved running, drawing with a stick and filling her sand bucket with rocks! And splashing in the buckets of water Grandpop brought up to her. Wore both of us out! Here's a picture of R and Miss P running - don't you just love those little tiny footprints! And mommy and Miss P sitting in front of the bookcases. The blue glass holds cheerios [chee chees!] Since I no longer have a cedar closet for my quilts ... I had to fold quilts and wall quilts and find a place for them! The bookcases kind of work out. I put wall quilts stacked and folded together so I don't have to unfold everything to find a particular one. I have an idea where it will be - I hope!

We went to the Newport Aquarium yesterday and had a blast. Taught her what fish say - making that 'o' with your mouth and the sound that goes with it. It apparently is what the 'kissing fish' say because if you're holding her you get a sloppy kiss at the end! Yea! Grand kids are so much fun!
Next weekend is the Newport Guild quilt show. My first time so it should be fun. I have a few things for the guild "consignment" shop. I hear FQs are running $1 each - I'll need to avoid that!
So what are you reading lately? I read a few good books since we got here. Two that come to mind immediately are: Run by Ann Patchette and Third Degree by Grey Iles. Yes, my tastes are varied! What do you recommend?
The inflatable mattress worked well this week. We gave our bedroom to L and Miss P. R slept on the couch - which gives him the tv and I slept on the inflatable mattress in the sewing room. It fit! That's very good and it was popular. L slept on it yesterday afternoon while Miss P was in the bedroom napping. R slept on it in the evening while we were gabbing in front of DVDs and apparently Miss P was in there sometime too. When I went to bed last night it was "all sand and chee chees"!!! Quickly stripped it and shook the sheet outside, remade it and all was well! LOL!
Happy weekend!

3 comments:

Sweet P said...

Love the photo on the beach! What a gorgeous shot. Sounds like you had a wonderful visit with Miss P and mommy.

I'm reading Zen and the Art of Housekeeping by Lauren Cassel Brownell and What Color Is Your Parachute? I'm in the process of trying to decide if I want to work outside of the home or at home and what kind of work I should be doing.

Michele Bilyeu said...

Wow, what a great weekend! So sorry, our trip over didn't work out, sure would have been fun! Love seeing the photos and learning all of your creative new ways of getting a householdfull into an organized condo! And yep, swivel chairs are the best. I just wish mine would get higher yet. I still feel too short sewing ;)I'm reading "Eat,Pray, Love"...gave away 5 copies at Christmas and had to borrow one back to read it, myself! I was double reading "Into the Wild" for the first 1/2 but finished it last week. Both are good in very different ways.

Julie said...

Hi. Looks like Miss P. is a lucky girl! I am reading Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. This is one I have always meant to read but never could seem to get around to it.