Monday, May 26, 2008

T minus 4 days and counting

Help! I'm stuck in a box warehouse and it's driving me crazy! Okay, not really - it's just that my house is filled with boxes and piles here and there for City Mission, my sister, my friend .... I'm sure you get the picture. Two days until the company comes to pack the truck, 4 days until we hit the road and you can't even imagine the MESS!

My friend, C came up from Arkansas to help pack. The first few days didn't work because of family obligations she had in town, but Saturday night we were a smooth packing duo in the kitchen and livingroom! Two friends, J and G, came over today to help and we attacked the sewing room - I couldn't have done it without them. Thanks, gals. Now all I need is some of those Japanese subway "pushers" to get it all in the truck!

I did get some sewing done this weekend too! It had been a week and a half (and 12 hours!) and it's surprising how your life doesn't feel like your own when you can't sew. I finished 2 of 4 graduation quilts owed. Glory Haleluia! The others will have to be mailed from Oregon. The sweat shop is officially closed.

See you on the west coast!

No comments: